Beauty, beautyblender, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation, Cle de Peau Beaute, Cle de Peau Beaute Refining Fluid Foundation, Emily Maynard Foundation, Foundation, Foundation Brush, Laura Mercier, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, MAC, MAC Matchmaster, Make Up For Ever, Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet, Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Sephora Foundation Brush, Sigma, Sigma Make UP Brushes, Tarte, Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
Hey Y’all, happy MONDAY! Today I decided to tackle an area of makeup that always seems extrememly complicated and confusing. Below are a handful of solutions to take you in the right direction when it comes to finding your perfect foundation.
By now you all know that for an everyday look I use a powder foundation, but sometimes I think a liquid/stick foundation is the right way to go, especially now that I am getting older and my skin is morphing into something a little less than amazing.
I want to start of by saying I think the key to a flawless application is using a foundation brush, something I was introduced to this summer. And now I wonder how I lived without it for so long. I think it will really change your opinion of wearing foundation, if you have a negative one, and make application a breeze! Plus, you use much less product, so it’s an overall great investment. I suggest you do yourself a favor and splurge now. Here are a few below that are amazing:
- beautyblender – This is a neat concept and has won Allure’s Best of Beauty Tools for three years. You can use the larger end to apply foundation to your face and the tip can be used for smaller spaces, like near your nose. Plus, Kim Kardashian’s make up artist uses it, enough said.
- Sephora’s Pro Foundation Airbrush Brush – This is the brush I own and love it. It’s like a fluffy powder brush but it’s for foundation. Really brilliant. You just squirt some of your foundation on the brush, stiple it on your face, and then blend it in using circular buffing motions. Love this brush and would definitely recommend it for a flawless foundation application.
- Sigma’s Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush – here is another option that has a flat top and is more dense as far as the fibers are concerned. I added this one to the mix so you would have another option.
Now on to the main event!
- First Up, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation – An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly. This is the foundation I am currently using and love it! It offers great coverage and doesn’t feel cakey at all. A certain Real Housewife uses it too as you will find out in an upcoming interview!
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ – This foundation controlls shine, is oil free, and water resistant. I haven’t used this foundation, but I am really interested in trying it out. I think it sounds wonderful for summers in the South with all of our hunmidity! And I certainly love the Make Up For Ever brand, so I felt like this was worthy of posting, especially if you have extra oily skin!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation – This is another foundation I have not tried, but has recently made my shortlist. Tarte is a product line I don’t have much expereince with but am anxious to learn more about. This product is for all skin types and claims to have amazing staying powder. It’s also more of a mousse texture than a tradition liduid, which sounds intriguing to me. What makes this especially appealing is that it comes with the foundation brush, so it’s like a two for one. Definitely something I am going to try out in the near future.
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation – I had to include this option because I have heard amazing things about Laura Mercier products, another line I need to get to know. It’s oil free, great for all skin types, and offers great coverage, WINNING. I had dinner with a good friend this weekend who specifcally asked for a good option to cover rocesa, this is it! To top if off, a great make up blogger that I follow loves this product as well so there’s all the confirmation you need!
- Clé de Peau Beauté Refining Fluid Foundation – For those of you with deep pockets, this is your option. Another foundation that is supposed to be amazing, one that I may never try, but I had to include. Why you ask, well Emily Maynard uses it so it! She has problem skin (she claims) and says this is amazing…so this makes my dream list along with La Mer moisturizers. I would LOVE to try this one day.
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation – This is a new one from MAC. I am posting this solely because a fellow beauty blogger swears by Matchmaster, trulytwenties. I haven’t fallen in love with MAC foundations because I just can’t find the right shade for my face, which is crazy because they have 20 million shades. BUT if you love MAC and their shade choices, then pick this up. It’s affordable, medium coverage, and supposedly splendid!
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick – Last not least, Bobbi Brown’s Foundation Stick, which is kind of like a big concealer. I purchased this YEARS ago and still have plenty to use. This product is awesome for summer time when you have a tan because you can just apply it to the areas that need to be evened out and that’s it. So typically, I will apply this under my eyes, on my nose and chin, maybe forehead, and blend it in with my finger tips….perfect! I really do love this, so if you want a summer foundation that you can use for certain problem areas, buy this!
Hopefully, this post leaves you headed in a better direction when it comes to foundations. Even I get overwhemed in Sephora! Let me know if you end up trying out any of these products and your opinions, I would love to hear back from you!